My thoughts today: Customer Experience, Customer Care, and Customer Service is NOT just a department, but a PHILOSOPHY!
“It is a STAND YOU TAKE and you Take a STAND about the Stand you Take. YOU believe in the STAND You TAKE!” Werner Erhard said that in 1982. I still operate from this thought system. Taking a stand for the Stand You Take is so important. My stand is this: The Customers must never be made to feel wrong or stupid even if they are wrong and stupid. We do not get to make the judgement call. My STAND is THIS: We must use feelings, and no computer can do that yet. I hope they never will.
The Philosophy needs to lead the technology…not the other way around
- How can we make it EASIER on the CUSTOMER to SAY YES without coercion or manipulation, but use Education and Good Offers?
- What can we do to make the Customer Experience friendlier and kind and use our Technology to help?
- What do the Customers WANT?
- They want to find answers themselves, even before they call the company (FORBES said this)
- If the company doesn’t respond personally and fast…
- They GOOGLE the information
So, Ask yourself these questions:
- What am I NOT seeing about my customer that would make us more profitable and the customer happier with us?
- What is ALSO true about our relationship with the customer that I have NOT thought of?
- What does the customer want from me that I have not provided?
- What works when we interact with the customer? And What doesn’t work?
- Am I willing to do what it takes to help my customer?
- Am I willing to learn, grow and satisfy my customer at whatever the cost?
- What is the cost?
Customers want satisfaction. They don’t want to be rich or famous. They want to be RIGHT to have chosen the company they chose. Period!
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.